Sunday, March 16, 2008

Linda Crawford's Letter of Resignation

Resignation submitted with deep regret

It is with deep regret that I feel compelled to resign as a school board trustee of the Del Mar Union School District, effective March 12, 2008.

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that it is simply impossible for me to reconcile the actions of this board with my own beliefs. I have fundamental philosophical differences with the current board majority.

It is my wish that the current school board begin to show respect and appreciation for the professionals who work in the district. It is also my wish that this current board recognize their fiduciary responsibilities, particularly with reference to the sale of the Shores property in Del Mar. The community as a whole deserves no less.

Eleven years ago, I began my service as trustee for the Del Mar Union School District. Throughout my tenure, I have maintained a commitment to excellence, high ideals and high expectations, and I have maintained a spirit of respect and a willingness to work in the best interest of all children, all parents, all teachers, all staff and the wider community. The composition of past school boards on which I served, generated a team approach that resulted in a positive and cumulative series of tremendous achievements. It was energizing to be a part of the team that propelled the Del Mar Union School District forward from an excellent school district to an exemplary one.

Thank you to the entire school community for your support during the past 11 years to achieve success for the district we all love.

Linda Crawford
School Board Trustee