Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Crawford and White: Requests For Censure

Extracted from the DMUSD February 27, 2008 Reqular Board Meeting Audio:
http://dmusd.org/district/board_audio/Meeting_02-27-08.mp3


At 00:37:30, by Linda Crawford:
To listen, right-click and select Play:

I have a comment... I take no pleasure in bringing this up, but there has been discussion out in the community, it was brought up last night that, at the special school board meeting, school board members have been receiving emails from staff and community members in regards to Katherine White's statement that, in the print, in regards to employee conduct. She mentioned a drunken principal at a social event, employees using drugs on campus, and a principal swearing at employees. I believe that this violates our bylaws and I have been approached and I am requesting that at the next board meeting we bring up this violation and possible censureship of Katherine White in regards to the inappropriate remarks regarding staff of our district. I am requesting for the next board meeting that we have an agenda item on this topic.


At 04:47:30, by Katherine White:
To listen, right-click and select Play:

Well, I don't want Linda to stand alone in talking about censure so if we're going to talk about censure processes and our policies I'd like to broaden that to include, besides alleged things which we have no ability to talk about whether they happened or didn't happen, we'd like to talk about some things that we know happened. We have some emails going back from Linda talking about undermining some of the board actions and I'd like to make sure our description of censure covers her actions as well.